What Do You Put In a Baby Bag?•
Posted on September 24 2019
A well-stocked baby bag is a new mum essential! But what do you really need to pack in a diaper bag? What do you need to carry with you when you're out and about with baby? And what should you look for in a changing bag?
Diapers / Nappies
One for each hour you're planning to be out, plus a few extra – just in case! We pack ours in our flatten down special compartment so they are easy to access from the rest of the baby bag
Wipes are perfect not just for diaper changes, but also for sticky hands and dirty surfaces.
- Hand sanitiser
We sell our matching baby mats to go with our stylish diaper bags. Things to look for in a baby mat? They should be easy to clean, easy to carry and fit neatly into your new baby bag.
Plastic or biodegradable bags
For storing soiled diapers, clothes, and baby blankets. Just make sure your child can't get to them, since plastic bags (including the biodegradable versions) pose a suffocation risk.
- Bottle(s) of formula or expressed breast milk if you're bottle-feeding
- Snacks (for older babies and toddlers - and yourself!)
- Sippy cup of milk, water, or juice (for toddlers)
You can use it to cover your baby or as a changing pad, nursing cover, bib, shade, or burp cloth.
Extra clothes for your child
Our clever compartmentalised system means you can keep them within easy reach but separate to your mum essentials to keep everything organised
- Dummy (if your child uses one) or other comfort item like a teddy
Nappy rash cream
We love a good organic one but the high street ones are great too!
For breastfeeding in public, these fabric drapes cover your chest and give more privacy than the basic blanket-over-the-shoulder approach.
Breast pads for nursing moms
Slip these in your bra to absorb breast milk leaks.
Toys, board books, and crayons and coloring pages or paper
Choose toys based on your outing and your child's age. A toddler going to a restaurant often requires a lot of entertaining distractions, while a 4-month-old may be happy with one rattle.
You may want to include adhesive bandage strips, antibiotic cream, pain reliever, and other first-aid supplies.
Who wants to carry two bags everywhere you go? With our clever compartments you can carry baby stuff separately to mum essentials!
- We always have a pair of dark glasses in ours
- A good multi purpose balm for lips and cheeks
- A multi use make up stick that we can slick across, eyes, cheeks and lips
- Lavender essential oil roll on - good for stress if you or your little ones feel overwhelmed!
Diaper bag tips
- A waterproof lining makes life easier when spills occur. All our bags are water resistant as standard!
- Multiple compartments can keep your items organised and easy to find - all our range comes with clever compartmentalised design as standard that keeps your day organised and stress free
- Save time by packing similar items together, such as clothing, in a resealable bag.
- Sometimes the best diaper bags are those that are designed for other purposes! Our bags were originally designed for the gym as a smart gym tote bag, but mums loved them so much that we changed our name to Fact + Fiction in 2017! Our range of multi functional bags are perfect for wherever your day takes you! Shop now https://shopfactandfiction.com/collections
How We Created the ...
Are you looking for a stylish gym bag with a shoe and wet kit compartment that can take you from work to workout in style? Fed up carrying two bags...Read More
What To Look For In...
Backpacks are a great choice when you need to carry a lot or heavier items (like your laptop) every day. Laptop backpacks have become a must for m...Read More
What Do You Need to...
Here are our must haves for every gym bag (plus a few luxury items to stow away just in case), as well as what to look out for in the best gym ba...Read More